Wednesday, January 23, 2008

a glimpse back...

one of my weddings from last season was for dan & christina...i got to know this couple from my time working at calvin college. actually dan was one of my student leaders. i knew when they asked me to shoot their wedding that it wasn't going to be a traditional celebration. they had their ceremony downtown and the reception at a sushi bar. and they wanted all of their pics taken in urban settings, back alleys, grungy walls...i was elated for the chance to play with my creativity. this unique couple is now in japan teaching english. here are a few of my favorites...


while this picture may not be "technically" perfect...i love the motion of it, i love the joy on her face. to me it's perfect...


christina is such a graceful spirit...she has no idea how beautiful she is! and i love her simple dress...j.crew!












dan loves animai and graffiti...this is one of his favorites' downtown GR.






as michigan is getting hit with another snow storm it's fun to think about the coming wedding season. i look forward to "playing" with my camera to capture your unique personalities!

2 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Gorgeous photos, Kelly! Thanks for sharing your blog with me :)

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Ooh, and I've added your link to my blog.