Tuesday, July 21, 2009

stephanie and dj...part one

It was one of those days when I found myself several times feeling so grateful to be a wedding photographer. The couple, their family and friends, the location, my amazing second shooter (kelly braman) all added up to an amazing day.

It was my first time shooting at the Michillinda Lodge and I hope it won't be my last...Tucked away through a long tunnel of trees is this summer retreat that sits on Lake Michigan. It reminded all of us of the summer lodge featured in "Dirty Dancing".

Stephanie and DJ live in California but have family here in the midwest. So the location was perfect for their destination wedding. The event was so fresh and bright. The whole day had a great intimate feel. I have so many favorites that I'm going to break this up into two parts. So for now enjoy some delightful details and images of Stephanie and DJ's wedding celebration...






Can you guess what day their wedding was?


DJ is the definition of fun-loving...truly a sweet guy!


Stephanie just radianted the whole day...and her dress was divine!






A is for...Mr. & Mrs. Ahlstrand












part deux coming tomorrow!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Amazing pictures Kelly! I love how you've captured the beauty and joy of the day! This looks like a Martha Stewart wedding!

Jessica said...

beautiful pictures as always, Kelly!

RNK said...

Kelly,
Esther, Daniel, and I, along with the other 19 members of my mom's family, have vacationed at Michillinda for the last 19 summers! Glad to see you enjoyed it so much!!
~Rachel Klompmaker

esther. said...

And, to go along with that, "Dirty Dancing" is exactly the comparison we use any time we try and describe the lodge!