Wednesday, March 12, 2008

on the road...

one of the blessings about being an artist is the new community of friends i've found. i've met some amazing photographers who have been so affirming and generous...and there's a desire to learn from one another. i hope i'm always pushing myself to grow both as an artist and as a business woman.

so i'm excited for two opportunities to connect with other photogs and learn:

in a couple of weeks i'm hitting the road with three other amazing women (kerri, amy, and jen) to attend OSP Indy. we may not be new york or california, but the midwest has some brilliant photographers. so we'll be hanging out for almost three days, listening to some presentations, practicing our skills and hopefully making some new friends. and some of the photogs who's blogs i stalk will be there. i think i may be a little star struck! oh and did i mention it only costs $50!!! check out the details. (and sign up!)

then in april i will be jumping over to detroit to attend a one day intensive workshop, One Light workshop. i've heard nothing but amazing reviews about this experience and how it has increase photogs understanding of light and how to use it creatively. while it's an investment my husband and i made a deal...he could get an iphone and i could attend this workshop.

i can feel spring trying to emerge...the sun is out and i'm starting to see patches of green.


farewell winter!


(northeast washington state...when we used to live in seattle)

6 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

i am sad i am not into photography. i would SO be going with the 4 of you :)

Amy Carroll said...

It's going to be SO fun!

That picture of the tulips is BEAUTIFUL! It makes me so excited for springtime.

JK Photography said...

I am so excited to go Kelly, this is going to be an amazing trip for all of us!
I love the tulip picture too, its really beautiful!

JK Photography said...

I am so excited about our trip, its going to be soooo fun!
I love the tulip picture, I have actually been there and it makes me miss home!

One Love Photo said...

Have fun at the workshops, my goal is to treat myself to one this year, somewhere. I love the tulips! In spring I always get excited to visit the tulip fields north of Seattle but somehow I always miss the FULL BLOOM. This year my goal is to get there to see all the colors (just like your lovely photo).

LVL Photography | Leda said...

Envious! Have a great time!

Tulips are the perfect pic to bring in spring. Beautiful image!