Friday, March 21, 2008

sigh...

you can't tell it's the second day of spring today cause it's snowing. again. our trip to florida next week couldn't have come at a better time.

hopefully i'll be posting some pics of the wedding i shot last weekend soon. it was an amazing experience for me and i just adore this couple! (congrats again brad & christy!)
but i thought i'd tell you a bit about my "co-workers". these first two keep me company while i stay up till the wee hours, editing pictures (or reading too many blogs). scout & lucy are our two entertaining and sometimes crazy cats.





i'm so thankful this year to have a second shooter. it will allow me to offer so many more amazing pictures of the couple's day, but it also is more fun for me! i love to collaborate and be inspired by others. joining me for most of my weddings this season is jill devries. a soon-to-be calvin college graduate, jill has studied photography and graphic design. i love her ability to compose a beautiful and creative image out of some ordinary objects.

this past weekend my friend alexis was my second shooter (jill had spring break) and it was so fun working with her. i met alexis at a photography workshop (led by jen kroll and john pottenger) this past fall. she brings a calming presence to what can be a crazy-fun wedding day. hopefully we'll be able to work together again soon!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Love the kitty eyes! It is nice to have a little friend with you always :-). I didn't know that you know Alexis. She's really good too!