Sunday, September 7, 2008

the felt estate...

I will admit that when I drove up to the Felt Estate with my friend Mindy, we squealed with delight! A stunning house nestled in green fields, flanked with giant trees. It was an impressive sight...

Once the home of self-made millionaire and inventor Dorr E. Felt, it has now been restored and is available to rent for special events. I loved all of the vintage touches...The mansion itself has several rooms for dining, dancing, and a beautiful bride's room. The ballroom is on the third floor and is air-conditioned which created a cool atmosphere for some hot dancing. The grounds are just as stunning...They have a water park and several other gardens with dozens of butterflies dancing. At one point I thought I was in a Jane Austen book it was that romantic!

If you haven't booked a venue yet you should consider the Felt estate for your ceremony, reception or both! Just a few miles from Holland and Saugatuck it's a delight spot for wedding...








The bride's room was decorated with several mirrors, antique furniture and vintage dresses. Plus the lighting was a photographer's dream...













1 comment:

Joy'l Ver Heul said...

hey! that's in the backyard of my old stomping grounds. pretty great huh? i've been to a wedding there and it was so dreamy with the jazz trio playing on the back patio. great hideaway!