Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Update on memorial service...

The time to remember and celebrate Mike will be at Wabisis Park at 3pm. For those who want to map quest, the address is 11220 Springhill Drive, Greenville, MI 48848. Vistations will be held at Pederson Home in Rockford MI. Thurs 2-4, 6-9, and Friday 11-1 pm.

We met this morning with a dear friend of Mike's, Matt Krick, who will be officiating his memorial. It was a bitter sweet time as we remembered Mike. We laughed, cried, shared funny and amazing stories that brought joy to our hearts and souls, while at the same time sadness and loss. We want to extend this opportunity to those who have been impacted by Mike at his celebration of life memorial on Friday. If you would like to share a thought, story or memory, we will have a time where you will be invited to speak and ask it to be under 2 minutes. We also covet any thoughts you may want to share with us as a family and would love anything written so we can have that to remember him by.

Because of the impact Mike has had on so many, we are concerned about seating. Those of you who will be attending this memorial are asked to bring a folding chair "just in case" there is not enough seating.

Also I know many have inquired as to the cause of Mike's passing...The official finding is "natural causes", but I can't see anything natural about Mike's death.

The ache and pain is for us to have to wrestle through...

I will say again how much i am clinging to your words, your prayers, your offers of love. And it have been a blessing to Mike's family to read the many messages and memories. It brings up a bit of peace to know how well he was loved and the impact he had on so many.

making it through minute by minute...
kelly

13 comments:

Kari said...

Hi Kelly, I didn't know Mike at all, but I know you, and I just wanted to let you know I am still praying for you. I pray God will grant you his grace and mercy at this time. My heart still aches for you.
Kari

Rachel said...

Hi Kelly - You don't know me, but I am a client of Aletha's and Amy's, so I often look at your blog... My heart goes out to you during this time. I am so glad you have great friends and family around you to comfort you. I will keep you in my prayers.

- Rachel

Rachel said...

Hi Kelly - You don't know me, but I am a client of Aletha's and Amy's, so I often look at your blog. I am so sorry for your loss and am glad that you have wonderful friends and family around you to comfort you. I will keep you in my prayers.

- Rachel

Katie Beverley said...

I am still praying for you, Kelly! Thanks for your updates. I have been "checking in" on you often. Know that I am thinking about you a lot these days and praying for you.

Erin Kathleen said...

Hi Kelly,
I don't know if you remember me - we were at Taylor at the same time. I didn't know Mike, but I remember you from college, and we have many mutual friends, and I wanted to let you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult and heart-wrenching time. We pray for peace and mercy and strength for you, and many moments of calm in the midst of what certainly must feel like chaos.
Fondly,
Erin Carter

Jessica said...

Hi Kelly,

This is Jessica, from down the street. I heard about your loss from matt, my fellow carpooler. I a so so sorry for your loss. Please know my door is always open for a cup of coffee or anything else you might need.

I am thinking and praying for you in this difficult time and in the days to come...
-Jessica

Kerry Siereveld said...

Kelly - I'm a friend of Summer's and though I've never met you, I am a fan of your work. I am so sorry that your family is going through this right now. We are praying that you will have the strength to get through it, persistence to keep going each day and that you feel the love of God through this all. -Kerry

Kerri Banyas said...

kelly,

I am glad that you are able to find peace in the memories you shared with Mike. He sounds like such an amazing man who touched so many people! Your strength, even through this tragedy is inspiring--I love you dearly my friend!

mindy peterson- this photo story said...

kelly.... i love you, friend. by your side, minute by minute.

ben & laura harrison said...

kelly, we have been praying so much for you since we heard that news ... i pray that the Lord will surround you with his strength each and every day. may you look to Him during this extremely difficult time in your life. please know that we are praying for you so hard. ben & laura harrison

BethLaurren said...

Hi Kelly,

I just wanted to check in with you and let you know that I was thinking about you this afternoon. I just continue to pray for you and your family and hope that you are holding up.

Much love,

~Beth

One Love Photo said...

Just checking in. Wanting you to know that your are in my thoughts. I am so, so sorry (again and again).

melissa said...

Kelly I am so so sorry for your loss I know we don't know each other well but please if there is anything you ever need please let me know.

thinking of you