Monday, September 29, 2008

a time of remembrance for Mike Powers...

It is overwhelming and so so good to receive all of your loving words and to hear all of the memories you had of Mike. It affirms to me what an amazing, extraordinary, one of kind person he was...

The visitation hours for Mike will be at Pederson Funeral Home in Rockford Thursday 2-4 pm, 6-9 pm and Friday 11 am-1 pm. We are waiting to finalize the location for the memorial service which will take place on Friday late afternoon and once I know I will pass that information along.

Also in lieu of flowers we ask that you offer contributions to our dear friends Chad and Marlana Smith who are in Guatemala serving and loving on orphans. Checks can be me made out to Blythefiled Hills Baptist Church c/o Chad and Marlana Smith.

So grateful for your presence...clinging to your prayers,
kelly

7 comments:

Kari said...

Still praying for you Kelly....

LCHS 2013 said...

Dear friend...my heart breaks for you. There is nothing more to say but that I am earnestly praying for you and for your family.

Sending you a large Washington hug...
Shelly

Tara said...

Kelly, we are so sorry to hear about your husband and your loss. We are thinking of you and sending you good thoughts from Maine.

Tara and Bjorn

Lynell Shooks said...

i don't even know you, but heard the news, and wanted to offer my condolences. You will be in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I worked with Mike for a few months when I worked on the HelpLine at Network 180.

I was always so impressed by his amazing decency. Even in the middle of night when I would have to wake him up to help someone he was always cheerful.

Sometimes those calls required someone to help someone who was at terrible crossroads in their life. Mike was that someone and he touched the lives of many people, he helped them find hope, he gave them purpose to go on, and he did it with a true concern for people he may never even see. I know this because he always took the time to come back and share with me what happened on those calls. He just cared about people and did his work with the kindness of the angels.

God bless you!
rob

Paula W. said...

ALL The Wigboldy's (even Grandpa!) send you love and prayers. Feel God's amazing arms around you RIGHT NOW!

Kelly said...

Kelly, Russ and I are so proud and lucky to have spent time with both you and Mike after our engagement pictures. You both are amazing people. My every thought and prayer is with you and your family! Naperville is sending you lots of hugs!!!